Using STM32F30x/31x PWM shut-down features for motor control and digital power conversion
STMicroelectronics » STM32F301, STM32F302, STM32F303, STM32F313
Application Note AN4277
The purpose of this document is to describe STM32F30x/31x timer break feature and show how it can be used with other STM32F3 internal resources for over-current and over-voltage protection in applications such as motor drives and digital power conversion (lighting, SMPS, induction heating).
This application note:
- provides an overview of the timer break feature,
- details how the timer break input is connected to different break sources,
- enumerates the different break event sources,
- provides some scenarios of PWM output signal response to break events coming from an internal source, an external source or a combination of both internal and external break signals,
- shows how to implement over-current and over-voltage protections using the timer break feature and other embedded peripherals (such as comparators, DAC and so on).
Download Application Note AN4277 (682 Kb)
Over-current protection network implemented with STM32F30x/31x
You may have to register
before you can post comments and get full access to forum.
News on theme: