New JRC has launched a new Analog Front End (Called AFE after) NJU9101 for electrochemical gas sensor. This device has high performance, low power and in a small package.
With the needs of portability enhancement and life extension of gas detector, gas detector gradually tends to miniaturization and low power consumption.
The AFE NJU9101 integrates low-power operational amplifiers, a low-power A/D converter, and signal processing circuits into one package. These features make the gas detector realize the miniaturization and low power consumption.
The operational amplifiers built in NJU9101 exploit the New JRC’s circuit design technology, so NJU9101 has not only high precision, low noise, but also realizes the low power consumption. In addition, the built-in A/D converter is a newly developed low-power type.
The NJU9101 has multiple functions of gain compensation, offset voltage compensation, and temperature drift compensation. These functions make MCU control simpler to detect various gas sensors. More than that, the development cycle of gas detectors can be shorten, and the product series can be promoted.
- The average operation current is about 5.0 µA
In addition to built-in low-power operational amplifiers and A/D converter, every function block can be intermittently operated by ON/OFF control. In stand-by mode, the current consumption is only 0.5 µA, which realizes low power. These features can extend the life of battery-powered equipment.
- Strong RF immunity capability
The Built-in operational amplifiers exploit the New JRC’s excellent analog technology that has strong RF noise immunity capability. Even when a portable gas detector and a transceiver are used together, the AFE will not be interfered from the radio wave of the transceiver, which prevents the AFE from malfunction.
- Built-in various effective functions to gas detection
Using 3-Bit chip address function can detect up to 7 different types of gases by only one detector. Because this device can detect whether the sensor connection is broken, it can monitor the connection status of the sensor at any time.
This device can be connected to the EEPROM. When starting up the AFE, the program of the memory will be automatically set up. This function is very convenient.
We provide an AFE evaluation kit that can check the operation of the AFE. (Evaluation Board and Software)
Parts : PC (Exclusive GUI) / USB Cable / Evaluation Board (Connect various sensor)
Features and Characteristics
- Low Current Consumption:
- 5.0 µA (The average value in operating mode: simulation data)
- 0.5 µA (Stand-by mode : Measured data)
- Strong RF immunity capability
- Detect up to 7 kinds of the gases
- Built-in gain compensation, offset voltage compensation, temperature drift compensation circuits
- Built-in sensor disconnection detection function
- The input circuit can be flexibly designed according to various needs.
- The startup can be automatically set up by external EEPROM
- Package EQFN-24-LE (4 mm × 4 mm)
- Gas Detector
- Gas Sensor Module
- Current Detection System
- Low Power System
- Photoelectronic Diode Sensor System
- Portable Equipment