Diodes Incorporated announced the availability of the versatile dimming input controller for offline LED lamps. AL8116 works with three types of dimmer signal formats:
- 0 to 10 V dimming voltage
- PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) signal
- Simple potentiometer
It converts these to a PWM output signal which can easily be used to provide an isolated dimming control via an opto-coupler to the primary side LED driver.
|AL8116 Typical Application Circuit.|
The AL8116 has a wide supply voltage range from 10 V to 56 V. The AL8116 Output Duty Cycle accuracy is typically ±2.5% and its minimum Output Duty cycle can be set through a CLAMP pin resistor.
The AL8116 has an internal overtemperature protection (OTP) and it is available in the SOT26 package.
- Wide VCC Operating Range 10 V to 56 V
- Low Operation Current (Typical 600 μA)
- Precision Dimmer Type with
- Voltage Potential: 0/1 V to 10 V
- PWM Dimming: 0.2 kHz to 10 kHz
- Potentiometer: 0 to 100 kΩ
- Adjustable Bias Current Source of DIM Pin
- Accurate Output Duty Cycle Tolerance ±2.5%
- Adjustable Minimum Output PWM Duty Clamping: 8%, 6%, 4%, and 2%
- Built-In Over Temperature Protection for Chip
- Totally Lead-Free & Fully RoHS Compliant