Building on the previous successes with the chipKIT WF32, the Wi-FIRE uses the same, 43 available I/O Pins, 12 Analog Inputs, 3.3 Operating voltage, 4 User LEDs, potentiometer, buttons, uses MRF24 on-board wireless module, micro SD Card, dedicated SPI Signals and high efficiency switching 3.3V switching power supply for low-power operation.
Where the boards differ is what the PIC32MZ Processor can deliver.
The Wi-FIRE is significantly faster than its WF32 counterpart, with 200MHz operation speed, 2MB of Flash, 512kB RAM, High Speed USB and a 50MHz SPI. The PIC32MZ core includes the MIPS MicroAptiv CPU Core from Imagination Technologies. microAptiv is a highly efficient, compact, core that is optimized for cloud-connected based projects, using Imagination Technologies’ FlowCloud software.
The Wi-FIRE can be programmed using MPIDE and with the addition of a compatible in-system programmer/debugger, can be used with the more fully featured/advanced Microchip MPLABX IDE.
- Processor: Microchip PIC32MZ2048EFG100 microcontroller (32-bit MIPS, 2MB Flash, 512K RAM)
- 200 MHz/330 DMIPS, microAptiv core
- DSP-enhanced core:
- Four 64-bit accumulators
- Single-cycle MAC, saturating and fractional math
- Microchip MRF24WG0MA WiFi module
- Micro SD card connector
- USB 2.0 Full-Speed / Hi-Speed OTG controller with A and micro-AB connectors
- 50MHz SPI
- 43 available I/O pins with on-board user interfaces:
- 4 LEDs
- 2 Buttons
- 1 Potentiometer
- PC connection uses a USB A > mini B cable (not included)
- Fully supported by MPIDE
- Example network libraries and code given in support documentation
- Community at chipkit.net
- For more advanced users, Microchip MPLABX IDE is available with separate programmer.
- Imagination Technologies FlowCloud enabled for IoT based projects.
chipKIT Wi-FIRE Schematic Diagram
chipKIT WiFIRE, chipKIT Wi FIRE