FT51A is a MCU series which includes the following features:USB client and USB hub interfaces, 8051 core, 8-bit ADC, UART, SPI, I2C, 245FIFO and PWM.
The UMFT51AA is a module which is designed to plug into a standard 0.6” wide 40 pin DIP socket. The UMFT51AA is built with a FT51AQ; many of the features of the FT51AQ can be utilized with this module.
- 8051-compatible core running at a maximum frequency of 48 MHz
- 8051 peripheral set
- 16 kB program/shadow memory
- True Zero Wait States operation up to 48 MHz
- FT12 series compatible USB2.0 Full-Speed/Low-Speed peripheral controller with Battery Charger Detection (BCD)
- USB downstream port
- Enhanced UART with transfer rates from 300 baud to 3M Baud
- Integrated hardware debugger
- PWM Controller
- I2C master/slave controller
- SPI master/slave controller
- 4 extra timers plus watchdog function
- Integrated clock generation, no external crystal required.
- 16 Analog IO Cells for ADC functions
- Up to 16 Digial IO
- USB DFU Bootloader
- Integrated power-on-reset circuit
- +5 V single supply operation
- Internal 3.3 V/1.8 V LDO regulators
- Low operating and suspend current 20 mA (active) and 150 uA (suspend)
In addition to the features of the FT51A, the UMFT51AA has the following features:
- PCB assembly module is designed to fit a standard 15.24 mm (0.6”) wide 40 pin DIP socket. Pins are on a 2.54mm (0.1”) pitch.This module is a drop in replacement for an 8051 microcontroller.
- An on board USB type A socket and plug allow modules to be connected to a PC via a standard A extension cable or directly. This module is also capable of cascading several modules by utilizing the USB hub feature.
- Debugger interface header used for debugging and programming the FT51AQ. Designed for operation with the FTPD-1 programmer/debugger module.
- Onboard jumper for configuring the FT51AA to be in selfpowered or USB powered modes.
User Guide and Schematic Diagram