Development Kit Microchip DV102014
DV102014 - 2D/3D Touch and Gesture Development Kit from Microchip’s is a complete reference system for evaluation and design in of 2D ( Projected Capacitive ) and 3D ( GestIC ) human machine interface functionality.
The kit will provide designers easy access to Microchip’s patented 2D and 3D GestIC sensing technology, allowing them to easily integrate 2D multi-touch and 3D hand gesture recognition into their display applications.
The use of electric-field based technology enables hand and finger gestures to now be tracked both on the display surface as well as above at a distance of up to 20 cm. In addition, the development kit provides an easy-to-use, “out-of-the-box” experience that requires no code development. Parameterization, diagnostics and optional settings are done through Aurea 2.0, a free downloadable graphical user interface (GUI).
The 2D/3D Touch and Gesture Development Kit features Microchip’s latest PCAP controller, MTCH6303, with the MGC3130 3D gesture controller. It includes an eight-inch transparent touch sensor to enable rapid prototyping for widely available displays. The MTCH6303 provides multi-touch coordinates with a five-finger scan rate of 100 Hz. In addition, it has an integrated multi-finger surface gesture suite which makes it a good fit both for Operating System (OS) driven applications as well as embedded systems without an operating system.
The MGC3130 with Microchip’s award-winning GestIC technology was the first electrical-field-based 3D gesture controller to offer low-power, precise, and robust hand position tracking at 200 Hz. In addition, GestIC technology utilizes advanced Hidden Markov Models to ensure that the recognition rate for 3D hand gestures is above 95%. Free-space hand gestures are universal, hygienic and easy to learn, making them ideal for display applications.
- Project Capacitive Touch
- Multi-Touch up to 10 touches
- 5 touches typically at 100Hz+ each
- Combines with MTCH652 high voltage driver for superior signal-to-noise ratio (SNR)
- Integrated single and multi-finger gesture recognition suite including taps, swipes, scrolling and pinching and zooming
- Advanced DSP processing provides noise avoidance techniques
- 3D GestIC
- Sensing Type: E-Field
- Detection Range: up to 20 cm
- Single chip 3D gesture recognition solution
- Design in via Graphical User Interface (GUI) Aurea - no coding required
- Colibri gesture suite on board
- 8” ITO Sensor for 2D
- 3D electrode PCB
- 2D/3D Electronics controller
- Micro USB cable
Main Features of Kit or Board