The FTPD-1 is a module with a FT230X USB to UART converter and a dual buffer. The FTPD-1 utilises these components to generate a single line half-duplex UART signal with no handshake which can be used to program several of FTDI’s MCU devices, predominantly FT51A. This module also provides a switched 5V power supply to the target device and is configured such that it does not infringe USB compliance regulations for supplying bus power.
FTPD-1’s board dimensions are the same as a credit card; however the fitted components give it additional height. The module is supplied with a berg connector ribbon cable; however it is compatible for operation with pogo pin cables. Allcomponents used, including the FT230X are Pb-free.
- Full-Speed USB to UART converter
- Single half-duplex UART data pin input/output
- Two dedicated GPIOs to control Reset# and Prog# outputs
- TXDEN line to control the direction of the half-duplex UART data
- PWREN# line to control the power supply
- 2×3 way 2.54 mm pitch shrouded male header
- 150 mm ribbon cable with Female to Female 2.54 mm pitch 2×3 way connectors
- Protected by resettable fuse with 0.5 A hold current and schottky diode on the output power line.
- Pogo pin compatible
- Power output available, indication LED
User Guide and Schematic Diagram
FTPD1, FTPD 1