Evaluation Module FTDI FT51A-EVM
|Main Features of Kit or Board|
- I/O pins
- I2C interface
- pressure sensor
- analog inputs
- temperature sensor
- user buttons
- user LEDs
- Expansion Board
The FT51A-EVM is a development module for FTDI’s FT51AQ, one of the devices from FTDI’s range of 8-bit microcontrollers with USB interface bridging features integrated. FT51A is a MCU which includes the following features: USB client and USB hub interfaces, 8051 core, 8-bit ADC, UART, SPI, I2C, 245 FIFO and PWM.
The FT51A-EVM demonstrates the FT51A series I2C and SPI interfaces, the ADC input, PWM and GPIO features. It contains a 28 pin header which allows easy access to all the FT51AQ’s IO pins, as well as the debug and reset pins. This module also comes preloaded with the FT51A-EVM firmware that allows users to use all the features of the module without developing firmware.
The FT51A-EVM is fitted with a FT51AQ; many of the features of the FT51A series can be utilized with this module. For a full list of the FT51A series features please see the FT51A datasheet.
FT51A-EVM has the following features:
- FT51A MCU installed:
- 8051-compatible core running at a maximum frequency of 48 MHz
- 8051 peripheral set
- 16 kB program/shadow memory
- True Zero Wait States operation up to 48 MHz
- FT12 series compatible USB2.0 Full-Speed/Low-Speed peripheral controller with Battery Charger Detection (BCD)
- USB downstream port
- Enhanced UART with transfer rates from 300 baud to 3M Baud
- Integrated hardware debugger
- PWM Controller
- I2C master/slave controller
- SPI master/slave controller
- 4 extra timers plus watchdog function
- Integrated clock generation, no external crystal required.
- 16 Analog IO Cells for ADC functions
- Up to 16 Digial IO
- USB DFU Bootloader
- Integrated power-on-reset circuit
- +5 V single supply operation
- Internal 3.3 V/1.8 V LDO regulators
- Low operating and suspend current 20 mA (active) and 150 uA (suspend)
- 20×2 characters, LCD display, with I2C interface and RGB backlight.
- Heart-Rate Monitor with filtered and amplified analogue output
- Force sensitive resistor
- SPI temperature sensor
- Push buttons controls and LED indicator
- Interface footprints to allow for communication with FTDI’s FT8xx modules and TTL-232R cables
- Upstream and downstream USB ports which allows for direct connection cascading.
- Debugger interface header used for debugging and programming the FT51AQ. Designer for operation with FTPD-1.
- Onboard jumper for configuring the module to be in self powered or USB powered.
User Guide and Schematic Diagram
FT51AEVM, FT51A EVM
You may have to register
before you can post comments and get full access to forum.