An applications manager, received a BSEE from San Jose State University, Calif.
Areas of interest of the author: Audio Amplifiers Analogue Design Automation Supply
Publications on RadioLocman by the author John Guy:
- Thermal considerations matter for Class D amplifiersA Class D amplifier provides better efficiency and thermal performance than a comparable Class AB amplifier, but implementing a Class D amplifier still requires attention to good electrical- and...10-11-2022
- Lowpass filter has improved step responseA common problem that arises when you design lowpass filters for signal conditioning is the filters' effect on the system's time-domain response. Because pushing the cutoff frequency lower slows the step...06-10-2022
- Circuit provides efficient fan-speed controlAs Moore's Law plunges us into the realm of multigigahertz processors and PCs with gigabytes of RAM, engineers face the task of removing the heat that these state-of-the-art components produce. Cooling such systems...15-08-2022
- Low-cost feedback circuit boosts efficiencyTo implement a step-up converter with a current output, designers often simply connect the load in place of the top resistor in a resistive-divider feedback network. The bottom resistor then serves as a current-sense...06-03-2022
- Simple Additions To Audio Amplifier Prevent Clipping At Higher InputsAmplifying the human voice presents some tough challenges. One of the toughest of these is providing enough amplification to make sure a soft-spoken person can be heard while allowing sufficient headroom for people who...27-12-2021