Microsemi Corporation introduced its new silicon carbide (SiC) MOSFET product family with new 1200 volt (V) solutions. The innovative new SiC MOSFETs are designed for high-power industrial applications where efficiency is critical. These applications include solutions for solar inverters, electric vehicles, welding and medical devices.
New SiC MOSFETs
The new SiC MOSFETs provide patented technology from Microsemi and are designed to help customers develop solutions that operate at higher frequency and improve system efficiency.
Microsemi's patented SiC MOSFET technology features include:
- Best-in-class RDS(on) vs. temperature
- Ultra-low gate resistance for minimizing switching energy loss
- Superior maximum switching frequency
- Outstanding ruggedness with superior short circuit withstand
Microsemi's 1200 V SiC MOSFETs are rated at 80 milliohms and 50 milliohms and provide customers more development flexibility by offering both industry standard TO-247 and SOT-227 packages:
- APT40SM120B 1200 V, 80 milliohm, 40 A, TO-247 package
- APT40SM120J 1200 V, 80 milliohm, 40 A, SOT-227 package
- APT50SM120B 1200 V, 50 milliohm, 50 A, TO-247 package
- APT50SM120J 1200 V, 50 milliohm, 50 A, SOT-227 package