Single-Chip P9418 IC Combines WattShare Technology, Best Thermal Performance, and Best-in-Class Current Sense Accuracy in the Highest Power Density Solution for Smartphone and Mobile Device Charging
Renesas Electronics introduced the world’s first 60 W wireless power receiver, the P9418, to deliver faster wireless charging experiences for smartphones, laptops and notebook devices in the industry’s highest power density solution. Featuring Renesas’ exclusive WattShare™ technology, the highly integrated P9418 wireless power receiver delivers up to 60 W of power in a single chip. This enables quick and convenient charging on the go beyond smartphones, including device charging for a variety of portable computing devices.
Based on Renesas’ proprietary WattShare technology, the P9418 is a highly-integrated single-chip wireless power transmitter/receiver IC (TRx) that can be configured to transmit or receive an AC power signal through magnetic induction. The P9418 builds on the proven P9415 wireless power receiver and provides an easy upgrade path for existing customers. The new P9418 also delivers advanced telemetry and proprietary charging protocols required for high-power applications.
Key Features of P9418 60 W Wireless Power Receiver
- Single-chip WPC medium power wireless solution
- Delivers up to 60 W as a receiver in highest power density solution
- WattShare (TRx ) mode with up to 10 W Tx capability
- Embedded 32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M0 processor
- Best-in-class IOUT current sensing accuracy for enhanced foreign object detection capabilities
- MTP non-volatile memory for easy firmware and device function updates
- Bi-directional communications to support proprietary authentication with encryption
- Supports I2C 400 kHz standard interface and GPIOs
- WPC 1.2.4 compliant and various proprietary charging modes
Customers can also combine the P9418 wireless charging receiver with Renesas’ power management portfolio, including its USB Type-C™ power delivery and battery charging solutions, to accelerate the development of their applications.
The P9418 60 W wireless power receiver is available now.