Torex Semiconductor has developed the XCL219/XCL220 series of "micro DC/DC" converters with integrated coil and control IC. These converters are the smallest in the world in the 1.0 A continuous output current category.
The series are ultra-small (dimensions: 2.5 mm × 2.0 mm × h1.0 mm) step-down, micro DC/DC converters that integrate a coil and control IC, and achieve the smallest size and lowest-profile in the world for a 1.0 A continuous output current type. Maintaining the space-saving capability of the previous XCL205/XCL206 series, this product achieves a high output current and high efficiency.
Because a power circuit can be configured by simply adding two ceramic capacitors to the external components, this product contributes to space-saving on the board and shortening of development time. The integrated coil simplifies the board layout, and unwanted radiation noise and circuit operating trouble can be minimized.
|Typical Application Circuit.|
The operating voltage range is 2.5 V to 5.5 V, and the output voltage is selectable in the range 0.8 to 3.6 V (accuracy ±2.0%) in steps of 0.05 V. The switching frequency is 3.0 MHz, and PWM control (XCL219) or PWM/PFM auto switching control (XCL220) can be selected for the control method.
The XCL219/XCL220 series uses HiSAT-COT, which is ideal for optical cable and PC peripheral devices that require a fast transient response, and portable and digital devices that incorporate a CPU. An ambient operating temperature of up to 105 °C is supported (previous products: 85 °C), allowing these converters to be used in industrial equipment applications.
|The XCL220 Typical Performance Characteristics.|
With the addition of this product to our lineup, even more selections are available to match the application. Torex will continue to expand the XCL series of "micro DC/DC" converters to meet market needs.
XCL219/XCL220 Series Features
- Smallest in the world among 1.0 A-class continuous output current, step-down DC/DC converters with integrated coil
- HiSAT-COT is used to realize a fast transient response.
- Supports a wide variety of applications, including optical cables, PC peripheral devices, portable and digital devices that incorporate a CPU, and industrial equipment
- High efficiency (93.3%: 5.0 V ⇒ 3.3 V at 300 mA)
- Ideal for reducing printed circuit board mounting area by minimization
- Supports an ambient operating temperature of 105 °C