Analog Devices has introduced the LT8365 current mode DC/DC converter with a 1.5 A, 150 V switch operating from a 2.8 V to 60 V input. With a unique single feedback pin architecture it is capable of boost, SEPIC or inverting configurations. Burst Mode operation consumes as low as 9 μA quiescent current to maintain high efficiency at very low output currents, while keeping typical output ripple below 15 mV.
|400 kHz, –250 V Output Inverting Converter.|
An external compensation pin allows optimization of loop bandwidth over a wide range of input and output voltages and programmable switching frequencies between 100 kHz and 500 kHz. A SYNC/MODE pin allows synchronization to an external clock. It can also be used to select between burst or pulse-skipping modes of operation with or without spread spectrum frequency modulation for low EMI. For increased efficiency, a BIAS pin can accept a second input to supply the INTVCC regulator. Additional features include frequency foldback and programmable soft-start to control inductor current during startup.
The LT8365 is available in a thermally enhanced 16-lead MSOP package with four pins removed for high voltage pin spacings.
|Efficiency vs Load Current.|
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 2.8 V to 60 V
- Ultralow Quiescent Current and Low Ripple Burst Mode Operation: IQ = 9 μA
- 1.5 A, 150 V Power Switch
- Positive or Negative Output Voltage Programming with a Single Feedback Pin
- Programmable Frequency (100 kHz to 500 kHz)
- Synchronizable to an External Clock
- Spread Spectrum Frequency Modulation for Low EMI
- BIAS Pin for Higher Efficiency
- Programmable Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Thermally Enhanced 16-lead MSOP Package
- AEC-Q100 Qualification in Progress
- Industrial and Automotive
- Medical Diagnostic Equipment
- Portable Electronics