Analog Devices, which recently acquired Linear Technology Corporation, announces the LT8362, a current mode, 2 MHz step-up DC/DC converter with an internal 2 A, 60 V switch. It operates from an input voltage range of 2.8 V to 60 V, suitable for applications with input sources ranging from a single-cell Li-Ion battery to automotive and industrial inputs. The LT8362 can be configured as either a boost, SEPIC or an inverting converter. Its switching frequency can be programmed between 300 kHz and 2 MHz, enabling designers to minimize external component sizes and avoid critical frequency bands, such as AM radio. Furthermore, it offers over 90% efficiency while switching at 2 MHz. Burst Mode® operation reduces quiescent current to only 9 μA while keeping output ripple below 15 mVP-P. The combination of a 3 mm × 3 mm DFN or high voltage MSOP-16E package and tiny externals ensures a highly compact footprint while minimizing solution cost.
The LT8362’s 165 mΩ switch delivers efficiencies of over 95%. It also offers spread spectrum frequency modulation to minimize EMI concerns. A single feedback pin sets the output voltage whether the output is positive or negative, minimizing pin count. Other features include external synchronization, programmable UVLO, internal soft-start, frequency foldback and programmable soft-start.
|Efficiency and Power Loss.|
The LT8362EDD is available in a 3 mm × 3 mm DFN-10 package and the LT8362EMSE is available in a high voltage MSOP-16E (4 pins removed for high voltage). Pricing starts at $2.95 each for 1,000-piece quantities. Industrial temperature (–40 °C to 125 °C) versions, the LT8362IDD and the LT8362IMSE, are also available. High temperature (–40 °C to 150 °C) versions, the LT8362HDD and the LT8362HMSE, are also available. All versions are available from stock.
Summary of Features: LT8362
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 2.8 V to 60 V
- Ultralow Quiescent Current & Low Ripple Burst Mode® Operation: IQ = 9 μA
- 2 A, 60 V Power Switch
- Positive or Negative Output Voltage Programming with a Single Feedback Pin
- Programmable Frequency: 300 kHz to 2 MHz
- Synchronizable to an External Clock
- Spread Spectrum Frequency Modulation for Low EMI
- BIAS Pin for Higher Efficiency
- Programmable Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Thermally Enhanced 10-Lead 3 mm × 3 mm DFN & High Voltage Pin Spacing Version of 16-Lead MSOP packages