Analog Devices/Powered by Linear introduced a high-voltage flyback controller that does not need an optoisolator for regulation.
The LT8316 samples the output voltage from the isolated flyback waveform appearing across a third winding on the transformer.
Typical applications for the controller include isolated telecom, automotive, industrial, and medical power supplies; isolated off-line housekeeping power supplies; electric vehicles and battery stacks; and multioutput isolated power supplies for inverter gate drives.
Quasi-resonant boundary mode operation enhances load regulation, reduces transformer size, and helps maintains high efficiency.
At start-up, a high voltage current source charges the LT8316’s INTVCC capacitor. During regular operation, the current source turns off, and the device draws power from a third winding on the transformer, minimizing standby power dissipation.
The LT8316 operates from a wide range of input supply voltages from 16 V to 600 V and can deliver up to 100 W of power. It is available in a thermally enhanced 20-pin TSSOP package with four pins removed for high-voltage spacing.
LT8316 features Quasi-Resonant Boundary Mode as well as Low-Ripple Light Load Burst Mode® operation. It offers soft-start and a programmable current limit. The flyback controller also has a low quiescent current of 75 µA.
|Efficiency vs. Load Current.|
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 16 V to 600 V
- Delivers up to 100 W of power
- No Opto-Isolator Required for Regulation
- Quasi-Resonant Boundary Mode Operation
- Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Regulation
- Low-Ripple Light Load Burst Mode Operation
- Low Quiescent Current: 75 µA
- Programmable Current Limit and Soft-Start
- TSSOP Package with High-Voltage Spacing