Semtech’s RClamp0534N helps protect data-line interfaces from dangerous ESD threats
The RClamp0534N offers 25 A (8×20 µs waveform) of surge protection in a small 3.0 × 2.0 mm package, and as a 4 – line protection array, it can be used in a wide range of industrial applications for helping safeguard data-line interfaces from electrostatic discharge (ESD), electrical fast transients (EFT), cable discharge and lightning surge transients.
The RClamp0534N features an impressively low clamping voltage and exhibits a line-to-line capacitance of less than 2 pF. The device’s robust (25 A, tp=8/20μs) surge rating for lightning protection meets the industry’s most stringent EMC protection requirements for safeguarding industrial Ethernet links. These benefits make the RClamp0534N ideal for safeguarding the many Ethernet and data interfaces deployed in industrial networks.
Semtech’s RailClamp® platform is highly-differentiated in offering high ESD protection with ultra-small junction capacitance. The high-surge, low capacitance advantages are achieved with Semtech’s industry leading process technology, which achieves industry-leading clamping voltage with significant reductions in leakage current and capacitance.
Key Features of the RClamp0534N
- Transient protection for high-speed data lines to: IEC 61000-4-2 (ESD) ±30 kV (air), ±30 kV (contact); IEC 61000-4-4 (EFT) 40 A (5/50 ns); IEC 61000-4-5 (Lightning) 25 A (8/20 μs)
- 5 V working voltage protection
- High surge capability: 25 A (tp=8/20 μs)
- Protects 4 I/O lines (2 differential pairs)
- Low capacitance (<2 pF line-to-line)
- Ultra-small 3.0 × 2.0 × 0.6 mm package
- Pb Free and RoHS/WEEE compliant
Pricing and Availability
The RClamp0534N (order code: RClamp0534N.TCT) is available immediately in production quantities and is priced at $0.42 each in 10,000-piece lots. Semtech offers comprehensive design assistance, including field- and factory-based support.